Jane Gerhard: Biography
Jane Gerhard has a PhD in American Studies from Brown University. She is the author of Desiring Revolution: Second Wave Feminism and the Rewriting of American Sexual Thought, 1920-1982 (2001) and The Dinner Party: Judy Chicago and the Power of Popular Feminism, 1970-2007 (2013). She is a co-author of Women and the Making of America with Mari Jo Buhle and Teresa Murphy (2008) and Citizen Woman with Dan Tucker (2020). She is currently a full- time writer living in Providence, RI.
More About Jane:
- Research Support Grant, Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, 2011.
- Fellowship, National Endowment for the Humanities, 2010-2011.
- Faculty research grant, Mount Holyoke College, 2007, 2010.
- Salomon Grant. Brown University, Fall 2002.
- Schlesinger Library Dissertation Grant, Radcliffe College, Cambridge, MA. 1994-1995.
- Part of a secret women’s debate society that is over 100 years old, located in RI.
- What Good Cheer Writing Club – https://www.whatcheerclub.org/
- Berkshire Conference of Women’s Historians – https://berksconference.org/ (former member)
- American Studies Association – https://www.theasa.net/ (former member)
- American Historical Association – https://www.historians.org/ (former member)
- National Women’s Studies Association – https://www.nwsa.org/ (former member)